Duchess School uses a student focussed approach to enhance and promote academic, social, and emotional growth, through community partnerships, in a positive and caring environment.
"Individuals who are creative, adaptable and responsible members of our society"
- Students are ultimately the focus of everything we do
- All students can learn and experience success
- Students are responsible for participating fully in the achievement of their academic success
- All students must have reading, writing, and math skills with which to analyze data, develop ideas and make inferences
- High learning expectations challenge all students to learn and achieve
- The relationship between the learner and the teacher is critical to the learning experience
- All students learn and experience success if strong and balanced curricular and extracurricular programs are offered
- Students are entitled to a safe, secure, and caring environment where each individual is respected and valued
- The success of the students is the shared responsibility of the students, parents, school, community and government
- Parents should have opportunities for meaningful involvement in important decisions about their children's education
- Family and friends are a major influence in children;s learning
- Resources and relevant decision making should be located where the education happened
- Schools need to use their resources as effectively and efficiently as possible for the benefit of students
- Education is an essential building block of our societies future